Nov 23, 2010

Drama Over Willow Smith's AMA Outfit!

Image via Cocoperez.com


Celebrity stylist Mariel Haenn is under fire for dressing her client Willow Smith in a knock off at the AMAs.
The item in question is that funky yellow arm piece the hair whipper wore Sunday night, which is almost an exact copy of Mother of London's leather harness.
When asked about seeing the copycat on the red carpet, designer Mildred Von Hildegard said:
I’m disappointed and saddened that this will negatively impact my business. My original design is now recognized in the mass media as someone else’s work, and it’s very hurtful on both a personal and professional levels. I hope this can be resolved, and I wish nothing but the best to Willow.
In an email, Mariel denied having anything to do with Willow this weekend: "To be honest I have no idea who ‘styled’ her or the designer. Wish I did. I don’t ask my clients who they used when I’m not available."
Kind of defensive for someone who wasn't involved, no?