Jan 3, 2011

WTF: Would You Let Your Son Wear Dresses?



A Seattle woman by the name of Cheryl Kilodavis was faced with this issue while raising her 5-year-old son, Dyson. She eventually let him wear dresses and later published a book titled “My Princess Boy”. Cheryl and her son “Princess Boy” appeared on “The Today Show” this morning to discuss the newly published book and her decision to make him happy.

When I first realized and went through the process of this and my older son says, “Why can’t you just let him be happy?” I realized that this is really an adult issue…it’s my issue and how am I going to deal with it? Through journaling, I needed a tool to hand to people to say, “I don’t want you to crush my son’s spirit. He’s too young and he’s really strong with loving what he loves.” So I didn’t want that to happen…none of us do as moms.

Watch Video:


No comments:

Post a Comment